OpenID status update

Martin Atkins mart at degeneration.co.uk
Fri Jun 3 11:10:57 PDT 2005

Evan Martin wrote:
> On 6/2/05, Brad Fitzpatrick <brad at danga.com> wrote:
>
>>[...]  They're just a stripped-down LJ account that isn't
>>in the namespace and doesn't have access to their own journal and a lot of
>>the features.  In the future we'll be picking up their RSS/Atom feed and
>>start syndicating it onto the site, so when they're befriended,
>>LiveJournal's "friend's page" aggregator shows their entries.  Likewise
>>with FOAF/userpic being sucked/resized into their profile.
>

> Just to be clear, what happens when someone's URL isn't their blog URL?
> You could imagine example.com being my identity (the site I own),
> while example.com/blog has my feeds.
>
> I could imagine following the blog link in FOAF data, but is that what you do?

<link rel="weblog" href="weblog/" title="Martin's Weblog" />

I'm joking, I think ;)

Presumably if someone wanted their weblog to appear on LJ they'd add
*that* URL too. That way users would be conceptually adding the weblog
to their friends list. They could have a separate account for commenting
with their primary identity, and ideally LiveJournal (like Mark's wiki)
would allow multiple ids to be associated with the same account. (but
which one wins if there are several weblogs!?)