Field separators

Martin Atkins mart at degeneration.co.uk
Mon Jun 6 01:34:31 PDT 2005

Brad Fitzpatrick wrote:

> No love for backwards compatibility.
>
> LifeWiki.net is the most useful app using this so far, and Junior can
> upgrade any minute.
>
> Old protocol mode will be immediately removed from the CPAN code when new
> code is added.  (have we actually decided on this new protocol?  is DSA
> out?  I'm feeling like it is?)

But is the API going to stay the same, or will the new changes leak out
into the interface?

If you can do it without changing the Perl consumer API, then all of the
existing perl-based consumers will be fixed just by upgrading the module.

I don't really mind either way, but there's no point in changing the API
just for the sake of doing it.