Wikimedia (Wikipedia) single sign-on

Rob Lanphier robla at robla.net
Tue Jun 21 09:35:02 PDT 2005

Hi everyone,

Thanks for looking this over.  We're getting to a point in the
conversation where I don't have all of the answers, but the folks on the
wikitech-l at wikimedia.org mailing list are way ahead of me.  I'm still
very much a newcomer to the process.

Before posting to that wikitech-l, though, please read through the
meeting notes from the last meeting:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Research_Network/Meetings/2005-06-18#Single_login

We spent a fair amount of time discussing the conflict resolution
problem.  Additionally there's been a lot of discussion leading up to
this point, including several writeups, all available here:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Single_login

Rob