Progress and some thoughts
meepbear at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 23 03:24:31 PDT 2005
>You mentioned a C# version in your original post. Have you opened the
>for this portion of your implementation? Several of use have been hacking a
>C# implementation here and there but had then decided to hold off until
>things had become a bit more finalized in regards to architecture. We were
>going to spend some time this weekend but that didnt work out. If you have
>working C# implementation this would be wonderful!
>Any chance of gainging access to this source?
The C# version is more of a hybrid though :). I started it because I
couldn't really get a decent trace with just PHP on both ends.
It ended up having consumer/UA and server parts but in the current form it's
more of a UI protocol debugging aid then something to really plug in an
ASP.NET page as is.
My biggest concern though is that since I couldn't find a current spec
consumer or server, I implemented both at the same time. I'd really like to
test it (or the PHP version for that matter) against something someone else
wrote to make sure I didn't just write something that works but isn't
actually compliant with anything else before handing it off to someone else.
Also, there's a number of things I brushed over just because the protocol is
still in flux ("Unhandled exception" is user friendly enough for me :) ) and
some things I did wrong in retrospect.
I used the WebClient class mostly for convenience but (Http)WebRequest is
really needed since it allows for a timeout and a redirection limit and a
limit on the amount of data it's willing to receive.
More information about the yadis