Livejournal valid_to?

Brad Fitzpatrick brad at danga.com
Mon Jun 27 16:33:08 PDT 2005

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005, Paul Crowley wrote:

> Carl Howells wrote:
> > LiveJournal's valid_to field seems to be set at only one minute after
> > the issued field.  Am I misunderstanding the meaning of valid_to?  Is it
> > supposed to be such a short term?  If so, should sites that use an
> > openid to generate a local login cookie simply ignore the value in the
> > valid_to field, rather than rechecking every time it expires?
>
> I think you're interpreting valid_to as I intended.  LJ should use a
> longer lifespan...
>
> http://lists.danga.com/pipermail/yadis/2005-June/000665.html

I think my consumer library is doing this wrong.  I'll go check.  Paul:
let me know what wording and where I should append to the specs.bml page,
if any.

I still don't see the problem with a 60 second valid_to -- the user-agent
should have plenty of time to be redirected with that limit.  But 15
minutes is also fine by me.

- Brad