Non-recoverable auth failure?

Carl Howells chowells at janrain.com
Tue Jun 28 16:49:40 PDT 2005

Brad Fitzpatrick wrote:
> I don't like the idea of introducing a new URL and specifying the security
> restrictions on what that URL can be (anything under trust_root?).

Huh?  The only change I'm proposing (at this point) is removing
post_grant, and defining the behavior to always be what
post_grant=return specified before.  I don't see any new URL or new
restrictions necessary in that change.  It just eliminates a special
case that makes both the spec and implementations of it more
complicated.  Furthermore, I don't see any added value in that special
case, as using it doesn't really save the consumer any work... It just
defers that work until the consumer's next action.

Carl Howells