OpenID in PHP

meepbear * meepbear at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 29 23:49:29 PDT 2005

If anyone feels like it, please try http://devbits.net/openid/consumer/

It's bare with all the fancy UI bits stripped away, but it should be a lot
easier for me this way to know what went wrong (if anything).

It should work fine with Livejournal/Deadjournal on both DH and non-DH
enabled servers, it fails with IDPrism (see different message) and that's
all the ones I know that are out there.

Regarding the BigInt class, I've pulled that out for now. It'll calculate
keys and the shared secret correctly but the performance is less than
desireable so it's back to needing BCMath for now.

Converting from PHP 5 to PHP 4 shouldn't be that much work, I think. The
interface would need to be changed to a call_user_method() substitute and if
you implement exceptions that way as well then there shouldn't be much else
to do.

The only thing left to do for me is support "dumb" mode but that's mostly
some copy/paste work. Currently if it sees an openid.invalidate_handle it
will just transparently re-associate with the server so it will work fine as
is right now as well even without "dumb" mode.