URL relationship permanence

Dro Kulix dro at drocore.com
Thu Jun 30 06:06:48 PDT 2005

I can't deny that there's a point, though.  The way I see it, a major
purpose of OpenID is to be able to leave comments on other community sites
without becoming a user.  My personal site, for example, runs exactly one
journal, and to ask for an OpenID for the ability to leave a comment seems
reasonable, but to ask for a sign-up seems decidedly unreasonable (my
journal isn't _that_ good).  So, in cases where only an OpenID (and no
user account) is involved, the spec is perhaps a bit looser than we would
like.

I would venture that getting signatures into the spec fairly soon would be
a good start, but this is an issue that merits more thought.

-- Dro