Op_code and version negotiation

Ben Hyde bhyde at pobox.com
Fri May 20 13:51:58 PDT 2005

Two suggestions regarding the design of the exchanges with the end
point found via the openid.server server link.

First off I'd suggest included now a way to support more than the one
operation currently done via that end point; i.e. a openid.op argument.

Second I'd suggest adding a protocol version indicator in the messages
sent to the end point.   Complementing that I'd suggest adding to the
end point two optional arguments openid.minver (defaults to 1) and
openid.maxver (defaults to the value of minver).

These two additions ought to enable a lot more flexibility over time.
For example a later version might support retrieving the user's FOAF,
or submitting a 'looks like spam' note.

    - ben

----
http://enthusiasm.cozy.org   http://gibbon.cozy.org