The life of the authenticating info?

Ben Hyde bhyde at pobox.com
Fri May 20 14:01:27 PDT 2005

What are the rules, or advice, for a suspicious site about retaining
the information it collects while during an authentication.   Is any of
the info collected private to any of the parties?

I got to wondering about this because I'd assumed that the information
would be retained so if a complaint arose about the submitted comment
the suspicious site could use the collected info to file a complaint.
For example it might file the complaint via the id service end point.
Alternately it might file a complaint with a third party reputation
service of some kind.   Enabling both of those seems highly desirable
but it isn't clear that the design as it stands is ready to support
that.

So I backed up and tried to figure out what the benefits and risk
retaining and or revealing the info has.

    - ben

----
http://enthusiasm.cozy.org   http://gibbon.cozy.org
tel:+1-781-240-2221