url -> name

Ben Hyde bhyde at pobox.com
Mon May 23 12:56:39 PDT 2005

On May 23, 2005, at 3:41 PM, Imran Ghory wrote:
> going over the protocol I notice there's a slight discrepancy in the
> overall description and the protocol spec, the end result of the
> protocol is verifying the user is say brad.livejournal.com but the end
> result of the description is verifying the user is Brad from
> LiveJournal.
>
> So how do you get from URL to username ?

See if can get this right.

All the spec does for you is tell you the url of a page this user
controls.  The spec does not currently specify a way to get other
attributes for that user.  That page be full of useful seeming
information, for example it might link to a FOAF file.

Is that right?

The mention of FOAF in the current spec is a vestigial organ, right?

---
http://enthusiasm.cozy.org   http://gibbon.cozy.org
tel:+1-781-240-2221
  I forecast sunny weather!