Length of Identity URL

Ask Bjørn Hansen ask at develooper.com
Tue May 24 17:50:46 PDT 2005

On May 24, 2005, at 5:20 PM, Brad Fitzpatrick wrote:

> Let's go with:
>
> -- identity URL:  255 max
> -- identity server URL:  2047 max, after consumer-added arguments
> -- return_to URL:  2047 max, after identity-server added arguments
>
> Cool?

MSIE only supports 2083 character URLs (don't know about Safari and
Mozilla-ish browsers), so 2047 should be fine.  255 for the identity
URL is good.

If we are making limits we should probably make some limit on how
much data each part of the transaction can tag on...  (how long the
return_to url can be etc)

  - ask

--
http://askask.com/  - http://develooper.com/