user@domain identity form musings

Xageroth Sekarius xageroth at gmail.com
Fri May 27 18:23:18 PDT 2005

This may be relevant: http://xageroth.blogspot.com/2005/05/whats-your-sein.html

It was something I developed to shorten the ugliness of my own
URL-based identity solution. It's not so different from an e-mail
address that it loses the familiarity yet it doesn't step on top of
any alternate e-mail/ftp accounts either.

Short and skinny of it, just using a made-up syntax of "~" instead of
"@" to avoid conflict. So jane.doe~somedomain.com, detatch
"somedomain.com", fetch LINK tag, and that would resolve to identity
services (or in the case of OpenID perhaps would resolve to the "real"
URL for the sake of shorter identifiers).

(sorry David, meant to send this to list)