YADIS as an abstraction layer

Benjamin Yu benjaminlyu at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 1 14:27:03 PST 2005

Peter,

> And so, is it not practical to ask for the representation the client
> requires (eg HTTP ACCEPT headers)... Even if it is as simple as asking for
> the text/rdf representation, rather than the text/html representation (which
> I find a bit strained).

Could you clarify the above? Is the first sentence a question? Or was I
confusing when I made the statement, "The returned document is the resource's
representation, not the headers."?

I am only claiming that the Capabilities Data (the resource in my example)
should be returned as some sort of document representation. Whether that
representation is data embedded in HTML, or a standalone RDF (XMl or N3), or
some sort of special XML. That is, capabilities should not be returned in a
series of X-* headers of an HTTP response.

I am making no assertions about Accept Headers vs a different URI for each
representation.

-Ben