YADIS as an abstraction layer

Martin Atkins mart at degeneration.co.uk
Thu Nov 3 11:06:10 PST 2005

Martin Atkins wrote:
> (This is a big 'un. Sorry!)
>
> I see YADIS fundamentally as an abstraction layer behind which a variety
> of services can be hidden. It allows software rather than the user to
> worry about the distinction between the various different things going
> on "under the hood".
>
> Given that viewpoint, YADIS can be reduced to the following:

[snip slightly-modified spec summary]

Of all of the responses to this, I get the impression that no-one
objected to my modifications as such. The objections raised in the
threads beneath my proposal were more general and could equally be said
of the YADIS spec as it stands on the site at the moment.

With all that said, then, does anyone have any objection to my altering
of the spec on the site to reflect my proposed changes?

With the mechanism for finding the capability document sorted, we can
then move on to the next fun step which is deciding what format the
capability document should be in.