Document editing

Ernst Johannes jernst+lists.danga.com at netmesh.us
Mon Nov 14 12:07:59 PST 2005

While the wiki is great for the purposes of evolving a technical
baseline quickly, it isn't so great at producing a "stable" version
of a standard that implementors can point to as something that they
have implemented and tested against. Which is why we've had the PDF
file in addition to the wiki from the beginning.

Let me introduce Joaquin Miller, who happens to have extensive
standards editing experience (e.g. Object Management Group, RM-ODP
and others -- you might have read his "UML Guide" at some point), and
who I have the pleasure working with at NetMesh. He has agreed to
edit the YADIS master document that will (hopefully soon ...) produce
a YADIS 1.0 "frozen" standard based on all the great discussion that
has been going on on the mailing list and the wiki. We've all got to
figure out the exact process by which changes make it into that
document, and by which we will agree on declaring "YADIS
1.0" (thoughts anybody?) but I think having an editor is a great
initial step.

He's been lurking on this list for a while ...

Cheers,

Johannes Ernst