capabilities lookup: it's the meta ...

Grant Monroe grant at janrain.com
Wed Nov 16 11:20:19 PST 2005

I think that this is definitely on the right track conceptually, but
creating a new HTTP method sounds a bit impractical. I'm not even sure
if you can get Apache to accept a request for an unrecognized http
method. Also from a consumer implementation standpoint, this would
complicate things. For example, python's urllib2 could not be used for
fetching because it is only designed to work with HTTP. I'm also not
sure how web proxies would handle requests for a different method.

Grant Monroe