capabilities lookup

Ernst Johannes jernst+lists.danga.com at netmesh.us
Sun Nov 20 17:34:31 PST 2005

My understanding is that Brad did not choose this approach ("parse
content found in HTML BODY") because many home pages / blogs allow
comments, and a malicious commenter could thus get the home page to
point to an incorrect OpenID identity server. His thought was that
this attack does not work for HTML HEAD content and thus picked that
one for OpenID.

The argument is the same for YADIS, I believe.

There's a second problem: the granularity of the exposed capabilities
is very coarse, and at least I for my part would like it to be more
fine-grained, so that somebody could say "I support OpenID auth, and
LID auth messaging, and XYZ Profile exchange" in arbitrary
combinations, rather than having to accept or reject entire stacks at
a time.

Johannes Ernst
 http://netmesh.info/jernst

Johannes Ernst