Announcing YADIS...again

David Recordon david at sixapart.com
Fri Oct 28 20:04:33 PDT 2005

Seems Brad and I were both working on an email at the same time.  I just
want to echo everything he has said, although take a bit of the
responsibility of the document as well.  Once the three of us figured
out the technical side of the discovery protocol, it fell a bit outside
of Brad's court.

Over the next few days, we should be receiving more feedback from the
XriTc in regards to using their proposed XML document for service
discovery.  This means interoperability with i-Names and other proposals
based upon XRI will be possible as well as using a OASIS approved
format.  While I have to say I didn't understand their proposal before
Thursday, talking it through, and whiteboard drawings, with them only
showed how similar the two ideas are.  By the end it was as if Gabe
Wachob, Drummond Reed, and myself we're all finishing each other's
thoughts.  We have expressed that one of the requirements is keeping it
all light-weight, meaning simple XML.  Ideally we will have a sample
document within the next few days.

If there is one thing I've learned from all of this is that we did a
fairly poor job expressing what we meant to express.

--David