Implementing YADIS with no new software

Benjamin Yu benjaminlyu at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 31 08:40:15 PST 2005

A few things:

1. I agree with Martin's general approach-- the K.I.S.S. rule.

2. What about embedding the capabilities information in the identity URL's
document instead of linking to another static doc? I'm not saying that I am
really advocating this position, just bringing it up for a pro/con discussion.

3. Ok, YADIS is just a "Capabilities Discovery" mechanism (I don't want to
really use the word 'protocol'). It strikes me as being very similar to
"Service Discovery". What about broadening the scope to something more generic
and greater than 'just identity'?

-Ben