Proposal for an XRI (i-name) profile

Drummond Reed drummond.reed at cordance.net
Mon Apr 3 19:53:22 UTC 2006

Joaquin,

My last message and yours crossed in the mail. Option (1) of your message is
the behaviour I was addressing.

The reason option (1b) doesn't make that much sense is that an XRI is not
typically just "resolved to a URL", but rather resolved to: a) one or more
URIs that correspond to a specified Service Type identified by a URI or XRI,
or b) in a corner case, to one or more URIs that correspond to the Service
Type being null.

In the (a) case, the specified Service Type would be one of the
authentication service types a Relying Party is seeking, so there would be
no need to use the Yadis protocol with the URI. The (b) case would only be
needed if an XRI was used as the value of the <URI> element inside a service
endpoint, which may happen in the future but I think is a corner case for
now.

=Drummond

  _____