OpenID 1.2 Extensions Proposal

Drummond Reed drummond.reed at cordance.net
Wed Apr 5 20:30:54 UTC 2006

Gabe, thanks for weighing in.

Now, as healthy co-chairs often do (translate: it wouldn't be the first time
;-), I'm not sure I agree with Gabe's assessment.

Not about trying to avoid adding anything to XRI resolution (because I agree
strongly we need to complete the XRI 2.0 cycle). However upon consideration
I think a Requires element to express service dependencies is not something
specific to the Yadis use of XRDS, but is a generic requirement of Service
declarations for any usage context.

Thus I believe it *may* make sense for a Requires element to be declared in
the XRD namespace.

That said, if the XRI TC doesn't want to touch this namespace again in the
XRI 2.0 cycle but only consider it in a future version of the XRD namespace,
then Yadis could create the element in its own namespace and incorporate it
into Yadis 1.1.

=Drummond