Proposal (Was: When are and aren't two URLs the same?)

Johannes Ernst jernst+lists.danga.com at netmesh.us
Fri Apr 21 22:34:44 UTC 2006

> I was just explaining why I don't think "it
> makes phishing slightly less likely" is a good argument to add a
> transform which I think will violate a user's trust in a given URL.

I guess I don't understand what you are saying. Which trust by whom
is being violated through which transform?

Note that I'm not proposing that the user ever see any of the
transforms for the purpose of determining equality as proposed in
Draft-029, only what the technology should do behind the scenes.

Johannes Ernst
NetMesh Inc.