Question: Yadis Service URIs in the OpenID Auth case

David Fuelling sappenin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 14:30:13 UTC 2006

[df]  Is there something inherent to OpenID that mandates your 3
assumptions?  If an organization is advertising a single Yadis <service>
that has 2 different URI's (version the same, except different priorities),
shouldn't we assume that the 2 URI's DO actually point to the same service?
If not, then why even use the priority attribute -- instead it would seem to
make sense to put the two URI's into separate <Services>.

In addition, whether each Service URI points to the same server (physically)
or is maintained by the same organization seems to be a moot point, so long
as all of the servers in a given "service" are talking to each other,
provide the same underlying functionality, and thus use the same D-H
secret).

Does OpenId place some assumptions/restrictions onto Yadis that I'm not
aware of?  Or, am I conceiving of how Yadis works in the wrong way?

Thanks!
David