Question: Yadis Service URIs in the OpenID Auth case

Drummond Reed drummond.reed at cordance.net
Thu Aug 24 19:22:08 UTC 2006

To slightly tweak Kevin's feedback, I think Johanne's assumption #2 (that
the URIs are maintained by the same organization) is 100% valid if a
non-empty ProviderID element is present in the service endpoint (SEP).

The ProviderID value is the only SEP element with a cardinality of
zero-or-one, so all the URIs in a SEP are associated with only one provider.
This is important because if the ProviderID value is itself resolvable to an
XRDS describing the Provider, it makes it easy to discover ProviderID
metadata that applies to all their SEPs.

If the SEP has no ProviderID value, there's nothing technically to prevent
different URIs in the SEP from going to different service providers, but
it's clearly not a good practice.

=Drummond