Seamless site-to-site account creation and login via OpenID

Drummond Reed drummond.reed at cordance.net
Thu Aug 24 19:25:45 UTC 2006

Tony,

So if I understand this (fascinating) scenario, what you're really talking
about is the capability for any site A to dynamically begin serving as a
"proxy" IdP for a user to another trusted site B, simply by issuing a URL
for accessing site B that points back to site A as the OpenID IdP.

Do I have that right?

If so, that's both really cool, and - possibly - a little scary, because the
user may not expect/want site A to act in that proxy IdP capacity.

What do folks think?

=Drummond (i-name: =drummond.reed, http://xri.net/=drummond.reed)

  _____