trust root: path and query questions

Marius Scurtescu marius at sxip.com
Wed Aug 30 21:58:58 UTC 2006

I have a couple of questions regarding trust roots, both related to
section 8.2 of draft 8.

First of all, there is no mention at all of the URL query part. Is
the following a valid trust root: http://example.com/path?q=x ?

If trust roots are allowed to have a query part, how is matching
supposed to be done? Exact string match?

I would say that the query part should be treated just like the
fragment, it should not be allowed for a trust root.

The second question relates to the path. The rule for matching the
path says: "The URL's path is equal to or a sub-direcrtory of the
trust root's path.". Isn't this supposed to be the other way around?

For example:
- trust root: http://example.com/store
- return-to URL: http://example.com/store/cgi-bin/login

And in this case the trust root path is a sub-directory of the return-
to URL path.

Marius