Yadis Spec .9 Change Proposal: Section 7.3.1 clarify multiple XRD

Drummond Reed drummond.reed at cordance.net
Fri Feb 10 19:37:24 UTC 2006

One factor that may mitigate this risk somewhat is that I see few reasons in
a YADIS context for the provider of an XRDS document to provide more than
one XRD element. The multi-XRD capability is intended for XRI client
resolvers and proxy resolvers who need to provide the results of a
resolution request for a delegated (multi-authority) XRI. While this
multi-XRD capability may also have uses in other potential resource
description or service discovery scenarios, in the typical YADIS scenario
the XRDS document will just be self-describing and thus not need to contain
more than one XRD element.

=Drummond