Securing HTML vs securing HTTP

Johannes Ernst jernst+lists.danga.com at netmesh.us
Tue Jan 24 05:28:37 UTC 2006

>> Personally, I find
>> little utility in having the identifier I authenticate by as being
>> precisely the same as the URL for my blog.

I very much disagree.

- If somebody types your name (or whatever details about you) into
Google, don't you want the first URL to show up to be your identity URL?
- If you leave a comment on somebody else's web page, don't you want
a click onto your identity URL to lead back to your blog?
- If somebody tags "you" in del.icio.us, it's likely they will
"accidentally" tag your blog instead of your identity URL.

If might be different if we could say "this cloud of URLs are all my
pages" but currently I'm not aware of any technology that does this ...