yadis Digest, Vol 13, Issue 14

Dick Hardt dick at sxip.com
Thu Jun 1 15:05:40 UTC 2006

On 31-May-06, at 10:40 PM, Chris Drake wrote:

> Thursday, June 1, 2006, 2:25:22 PM, Dick Hardt wrote:
>
> DH> Being able to manage many identifiers as well as provide 1:1
> DH> identifiers is why we think the user should be entering their
> DH> identity service rather then their identity at the website.
>
> Keep in mind that some people might want to run their own identity
> services, so having to tell the website what this is isn't going to
> solve their anonymity problem - and also note that we probably don't
> want the identity service knowing what the website is either.

We showed a prototype where the identity service is a firefox plug-in
-> a Smart Client.

This means there is no disclosure until the user wishes, storage of
their identity data is on their own machine, and they can maintain
anonymity.

I think Smart Clients will be the norm in the future. Helps solve
phishing, better performance and better UX.