[rdfweb-dev] Distributed social networking with FOAF

Lukas L. Rosenstock inbox at lukasrosenstock.net
Sat Jun 17 15:22:19 UTC 2006

Hello!
I'm new to the rdfweb-dev list. I signed up because I was looking for
exactly this kind of thing. I like the idea of social networking being
decentralized and unlimited, "outside the walled garden" as you say. I'm
also reading the OpenID/Yadis mailing list and took part in some
discussions on it. Do you know http://videntity.org/? This is a project
that uses FOAF and OpenID - you can add your friends from every service
with their URL. I'm working on something similar but it may take some time
as I'm only a single person with limited resources. Is there any wiki,
forum, newsgroup or mailing list about the topic "unlimited social
networking"? If not, would anyone be interested to start discussions about
it?
I have a vision of a world where you can do all the things that myspace
users can do with each other no matter where there website is located.
Regards,
  Lukas