Identity 2.0

Johannes Ernst jernst+lists.danga.com at netmesh.us
Wed Mar 1 03:37:28 UTC 2006

Petra,

I don't think there is such a thing as "Identity 2.0" -- at least not
in the sense that everybody in this industry uses the term, or that
there is any kind of agreement on its meaning.

It's great that Dick Hardt responded to your question, because I
believe he is the originator of the phrase, but he might have wanted
to qualify his response with "this is what I think it means, or what
I meant when I created the term".

The much more broadly used, and far less vendor-specific terms include:
  - user-controlled, or user-centric identity
  - decentralized identity
  - grassroots identity
  - "independent" identity

Thanks,

Johannes.

On Feb 28, 2006, at 13:25, Petra Sütterlin wrote:

> Hello to everybody,
>
> Many thanks for the immediate answer and the links. I'm surprised
> how good the subject already has been presentated. I did not expect
> it like this.
>
> What I am still looking for is more general information about ID2.0
> because I will probably have to answer the following questions:
> -What is the difference between ID 1.0 and ID 2.0 ?
> -If e-bay and amazon also applied the ID 2.0 system, will I still
> have to submit my e-mail and postadress? And in this case I just
> don't have to fill in password and Username?
>
> Maybe the answers are already hidden in the links, but I did not
> find them, yet.
>
> Best regards and happy greetings from germany
> Petra Sütterlin
> Philognosie
> My-Lands

Johannes Ernst