Identity 2.0

Johannes Ernst jernst+lists.danga.com at netmesh.us
Wed Mar 1 22:14:08 UTC 2006

Dick,

it appears to me that you are fully convinced that "pushing" of
identity information to relying parties is unconditionally much
better than "pulling", and that you indeed plan to make this one of
the (the?) cornerstone of a competitive case study that SXIP Identity
Corp. technology is so much better than what the community has been
developing with YADIS / OpenID / LID / i-names / XRI etc.

I'm baffled, because I can't see how you could possibly win this
argument on the merits. (the essence of which is that "pull" can
address all the requirements of "push" that I've seen with the exact
same user model, and address a number of requirements that "push"
cannot)

But then, if you truly believe that, please go ahead, it's far from
me to discourage you from that course of action or convince you of
the non-SXIP point of view at this point in time.

Good luck,

Johannes.

Johannes Ernst
NetMesh Inc.