Yadis logo/Ember/edits

Drummond Reed drummond.reed at cordance.net
Fri Mar 31 07:43:13 UTC 2006

Johannes, agreed on all counts.

And Dave is clearly a talented guy, so he can do as he please with the
feedback.

So here's one more data point for him: what I really liked -- a lot -- about
the first one was the strong colors, movement, and sense of things "coming
together". That's the metaphor of Yadis captured wonderfully.

The second version solved the "seeing the Y" problem but to my eye (and my
wife's) lost the arrows and strong colors that made it so dynamic.

Suggestion (wish I were a photoshop wiz and could show this): keep the motif
and deep colors of the first one but just pull the arrows out enough to make
room for a grey "y" into which each of them point. That way (maybe) it would
read "Yadis" but also keep the wonderful feel of the first one.

</armchair-graphic-artist>

=Drummond