[OpenID] Proposal: SMTP service extension for Yadis discovery

S. William Schulz swschulz at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 23:51:08 UTC 2007

On 2/7/07, Dmitry Shechtman <damnian at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Email-based OpenIDs (or let's call them user at realm-based OpenIDs, which
> > just resemble email adresses) could be as simple as a convention to map
> > <user at example.com> to <http://example.com/~user>.

As a new user I was wondering if there might be the possibility for
using user at domain type identifiers so I am glad to see this thread. I
now use one of this type to identify not only my email account but my
Jabber account (via SRV records in DNS), and being able to also use
the same identifier via Yadis/OpenID would be  amazing.