Invalid LDAP Authentication Method

Edward Rudd erudd at netfor.com
Tue Dec 11 14:16:07 UTC 2007

Rajesh Dharmalingam wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to add the ldap plugin.
>
> The server configuration is
>   <Plugin DJabberd::Authen::LDAP>
>         LDAPURI             ldap://192.168.1.11/
>         LDAPBindDN          dc=abc, dc=com
>         LDAPBindPW          test
>         LDAPBaseDN          dc=abc,dc=com
>         LDAPFilter          (&(inetAuthorizedServices=jabber)(uid="%d"))
>         #LDAPFilter          (&(inetAuthorizedServices=jabber)(uid="%u"))
>         LDAPMethod          rebind
>   </Plugin>

[snip]

> The debug log is
> Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
> /usr/local/chat/djabberd/DJabberd/../DJabberd-Authen-LDAP-0.02/lib/DJabberd/Authen/LDAP.pm
> line 101, <DATA> line 228.
> 32599 ERROR DJabberd.Authen.LDAP                     Invalid LDAP
> Authentication Method
> Configuration error on line 44: Invalid LDAP Authentication Method at
> /usr/local/chat/djabberd/DJabberd/../DJabberd-Authen-LDAP-0.02/lib/DJabberd/Authen/LDAP.pm
> line 105

My guess is the extra spaces on the LDAPMethod config line are not taken
into account by my code.. (oops).  Just removing the LDAPMethod line
will fix it (since there is only one option it just happens to be the
default)

And, I never actually tested anonymous binding, so it may be broken.
I'll have to check into that.