Invalid LDAP Authentication Method

Rajesh Dharmalingam rajesh.dharmalingam at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 12:20:46 UTC 2007

Hi,

I am trying to add the ldap plugin.

The server configuration is
  <Plugin DJabberd::Authen::LDAP>
        LDAPURI             ldap://192.168.1.11/
        LDAPBindDN          dc=abc, dc=com
        LDAPBindPW          test
        LDAPBaseDN          dc=abc,dc=com
        LDAPFilter          (&(inetAuthorizedServices=jabber)(uid="%d"))
        #LDAPFilter          (&(inetAuthorizedServices=jabber)(uid="%u"))
        LDAPMethod          rebind
  </Plugin>

Stage 1:
The following are the LDAP server details to login:
               Basedn: dc=abc, dc=com
               Userdn : dc=abc, dc=com
               Password: test

LDAP Client: With the above details, i am able to login.
djabberd server: I tried with %d for the domain name in LDAP Filter. When i
run server, i get "Invalid LDAP Authentication Method".

The debug log is
Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
/usr/local/chat/djabberd/DJabberd/../DJabberd-Authen-LDAP-0.02/lib/DJabberd/Authen/LDAP.pm
line 101, <DATA> line 228.
32599 ERROR DJabberd.Authen.LDAP                     Invalid LDAP
Authentication Method
Configuration error on line 44: Invalid LDAP Authentication Method at
/usr/local/chat/djabberd/DJabberd/../DJabberd-Authen-LDAP-0.02/lib/DJabberd/Authen/LDAP.pm
line 105

Stage 2:

LDAP Client: I tried with anonymous bind with ldap client. i.e. without
Userdn and Password, i am able to login.
djabberd server: Without using LDAPMethod in djabberd configuration, the
server started and while the user logs in, he is in "Connecting" state

Could you provide some suggestion?

Regards,
-Rajesh