Message format in JSON instead of XML

Slavey Karadzhov slaff at linux-bg.org
Sat Oct 27 10:27:13 UTC 2007

Mainly because the overhead is less compared to XML. And there are
situations where the traffic is costing a lot(like from a mobile phone
Jabber client).

A long time ago I created a web Multi Instant Messenger client and IM
Proxy server (http://laffer.sf.net). The project was more or less proof
of concept and didn't develop beyond that. The IM Proxy server that I've
wrote is not able to handle many connections so I am looking for the
following opportunities:
  1. Find another open source project that I can modify and use as IM
Proxy.
  2. OR Use the existing code base of the IM Proxy but rewrote it to
work with, Danga::Socket for example.

If the DJabberd is ultimately extensible/plugable/you-name-it than may
be I can modify it to send messages in JSON format. This way  it will be
easier for me to rewrite the existing pieces of code and create a web
instant messenger that can directly call the DJabberd.

One more question, not related to the above - is there a code that takes
care for the connection to remote IM networks like AIM, MSN, Yahoo?

Regards,
  Slaff