Query regarding LDAP Authentication while running djabberd as daemon

Rajesh Dharmalingam rajesh.dharmalingam at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 09:12:18 UTC 2008

Hi Edward,

I found the problem. The problem is in daemon mode, the ldap connection
somehow gets disconnected after the jabber server getting loaded.

When the jabber server is started in daemon, it gets loaded and checks for
the LDAP connection in the finalize function of LDAP plug in.
Once the connection gets established, somehow the LDAP connection got
terminated while running as a daemon. Since the values are referred as
$self->..., the server thinks the connection is still in established state
and tries to search for the user. But actually the ldap connection got
terminated before this itself.

So, i was getting the account not found. A quick workaround is open a new
connection while calling the ldap search function for authenticating the
users.

Thanks,
-Rajesh