memcache(3) 1.2.1 RELEASE [bug fix]

Sean Chittenden sean at chittenden.org
Thu Jan 20 01:14:48 PST 2005

Howdy.  memcache(3) is available for use.  1.2.0 had a last-minute
brain-o wherein I was forgetting to free(3) a string after strdup()'ing
it.

http://people.freebsd.org/~seanc/libmemcache/

The one gotcha that does exist in this release is that it doesn't build
with the latest version of pmk.  If you've got 0.8.2, don't upgrade to
0.9.0.  pmk 0.9.0 doesn't grok comments, amongst other problems.  I'm
hoping 0.9.1 will be cut shortly to address this.  As for other
changes, it's pretty light from 1.2.0.

*) Fixed memory leak from mc[m]?_req_add().
*) Buffers are now contained on a per-server basis, not per struct
memcache basis
*) A void *misc pointer was added to struct memcache_res and struct
memcache_req
*) Format fixes for compatibility to get around brain-o's in various
OSes regarding size_t

Let me know if anyone has any problems with this release.  -sc

--
Sean Chittenden