Out of memory < 64M?

Jeremy Wohl jeremyw-memcached at igmus.org
Mon May 16 14:04:27 PDT 2005

On Mon, May 16, 2005 at 04:44:00PM -0400, Christopher Schmidt wrote:
> Your problems may be related to the allocation model that memcached
> uses, with different blocks/sizes, but again, I don't know a lot about
> the application, so I can't say for sure what exactly is happening.

I'm sure that's the case.  Afraid I don't have the slab stats, anymore.

The question is one of minimum efficiency.  With ~35M of 50M used, I
attempted to add a short key with one-byte value.

    i.e. "add TESTKEY10 0 0 1\r\n0\r\n"

..which failed thru several restarts after ~200K operations.  However,
a 64M max has made it thru 1.5M ops.  Just a case of my inputs, or
there's some practical min above 15MB?

-jeremy