first time user with out of memory question

Ivan Krstic krstic at fas.harvard.edu
Sun Jun 11 22:07:29 UTC 2006

timeless wrote:
> The assumption that RAM isn't a storage medium is curious,

Please read what I actually wrote.

> Storing it in memcached or other volatile storage is fine, as
> long as the storage device doesn't fail a store command incorrectly.

I'm not sure which nit you're picking here. My point is that session
management is a critical element in a web application; even though the
session data itself is volatile, not providing a nonvolatile store for
it when the volatile store (memcached) fails is clearly incorrect design.

--
Ivan Krstic <krstic at fas.harvard.edu> | GPG: 0x147C722D