Structure of the memcached KEY

Cahill, Earl ecahill at corp.untd.com
Mon Nov 6 18:25:14 UTC 2006

Well, to start we use ?s as sql placeholders, then we get a key based on
what you pass in for the ?s.  Your key could then look something like

$key = md5($sql) . '.' . md5(join(',', @execute_args))

And yeah, I don't buy that the hashing (or extra hashing) is going to be
any sort of overhead hit.

Or, if you know that the @execute_args are all numbers, you could avoid
the extra md5 and do

$key = md5($sql) . '.' . join(',', @execute_args)