CancelledKeyException in SPY memcached-2.0-pre5

Dustin Sallings dustin at spy.net
Wed Dec 12 06:29:09 UTC 2007

On Dec 11, 2007, at 21:39, Andrew Miller wrote:

> I can reproduce this by restarting the memcached servers while there
> is memcache IO in progress.  It appears that in our environment (jdk
> 1.5.0_11 on debian linux), a failed connection/read from one of the
> memcached servers is being interpreted as a CancelledKeyException
> (uncaught, bubbles all the way out of the JVM) vs. an IOException
> (Which appears to be caught by the code and retried).
>
> I'm tempted to hack in an exception handler to deal with this
> exception type but I am not sure if that is appropriate, or if I am
> missing something more fundamental.  I'm not a java programmer by
> trade so I don't know if I'm missing something silly -  Can anyone
> comment on my misfortunes? :-)

	This appears to be a bug in java on Linux.  It's a bit difficult for
me to reproduce myself, but here's the information that's been given
to me so far:

	http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?forumID=535&threadID=5135128

	It may be the following bug:

	It's claimed to be fixed in a later release, but I don't know in
which version.

	Would you be willing to work with me on confirming the problem goes
away for you?

--
Dustin Sallings