Cache miss stampedes

Timothy Appnel tim at appnel.com
Fri Jul 27 22:11:48 UTC 2007

I'm confused by all this talk of Gearman. I thought TheSchwartz(ugh)
was a better and more reliable version of Gearman that is meant to
replace it? I'm pretty sure that was the explanation we got on the MT
lists.  This all came up when it was mentioned that TheSchwartz is
being used in MT4 and there was a collective groan about the naming of
that package. Some of us have to stand in front of corporate clients
and say "we are using TheSchwartz to..." with a straight face an hope
they take us seriously. We're all looking forward to explaining that
it has nothing to due with Mel Brooks, but an inside joke they won't
get. Anyway, I think some clarity on Gearman vs. TheSchwartz and their
paths going forward would be helpful. <tim/>