memcached

Marcus Bointon marcus at synchromedia.co.uk
Sat May 12 14:42:37 UTC 2007

On 12 May 2007, at 15:17, Julio Leyva wrote:

> Can I installed memcached on a SuSe Linux 10.1 box 64 bits?

Yes.

> Can Memcached work just in a single box? then scale to a 2 or 3?

Yes, though if you're on a single box, you'll get much better
performance with an in-process cache like APC for PHP. As soon as you
need more than 1 box, memcached will be better.

> Also I was trying to find a user guide for installation and I
> couldn't find a good one, ay idea?

It's very easy - once you have the binaries installed from rpm just
like any other package, just start memcached with "/etc/init.d/
memcached start", then try "telnet localhost 11211" to talk to it
manually to check it's working. Other than that, read the docs.

Marcus
--
Marcus Bointon
UK resellers of info at hand CRM solutions