unable to invalidate objects from memcached

Marcus Bointon marcus at synchromedia.co.uk
Mon Oct 22 19:58:28 UTC 2007

On 22 Oct 2007, at 20:40, Raj Bala wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestion.  The port is open and not protected via
> firewall --- actually the network interface bound with the internal IP
> address (eth0) is not being managed by the firewall at all.  Just to
> make sure, I scanned it with nmap and confirmed such.

Is memcache listening on the external IP or just localhost? If you
telnet to 11211, does it work locally and remotely?

(the default port number reminds me of a little rhyme (say the
numbers individually):

11 was a race horse
22 was 12
1111 race
22112
)

Marcus
--
Marcus Bointon
UK resellers of info at hand CRM solutions