unable to invalidate objects from memcached

Raj Bala rajbala at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 20:11:51 UTC 2007

Sorry, just to clarify:

I can connect to that port using telnet, so it's open and accessible
from remote machines on the LAN.

eth0 has a 10.x.x.x IP address bound to it that is only used by
machines on the same LAN.

11211 is not available on eth1 (nor are many other ports)  that has an
Internet legal IP address.

memcached daemon is version 1.2.2 and the memcached client is using
the 1.6 Java client for memcached.  (http://www.whalin.com/memcached/)

Thanks for the fast responses --- they are sincerely appreciated.