Socket problem on Vista

Robert Brewer fumanchu at aminus.org
Tue Sep 25 00:35:27 UTC 2007

Hmmmmmmmmmmm. I tried 1.1.12, which worked fine. Then I tried
1.2.0, which worked fine. Then I tried 1.2.1 again, and IT
worked fine--as long as it was contained in the folder
"C:\memcached-1.2.1-win32". When I copied that folder and
moved/renamed it to "C:\memcached", the problem reoccurred!

Not a show-stopper anymore, but funky. Odd that the name of
the parent folder would cause such issues. The string "memcached"
isn't in my Registry except for Recent File Lists, so I don't
think it's due to a botched service install... Nutty.

Robert Brewer
fumanchu at aminus.org