perl/java incompatability

Aidan Samuel Aidan.Samuel at digitallook.com
Tue Jul 1 10:37:22 UTC 2008

I know this is a bit of a shot in the dark, but I thought I'd give it a
go:

We have perl reading/writing from/to our memcache server, and java just
reading. Perl is working fine, but java only works /most/ of the time.
For particular keys, java gets junk data returned.

I think java is hashing its keys before sending to the memcache server,
whereas perl are send the keys in plaintext and let memcache do the
magic*. Could this be it? I think we are using CRC32.

Are there any known issues to be aware of, or common pitfalls in this
scenario?

* I can only see the perl side, I'm not sure if my java related info is
correct or even possible!

Thanks for any help, I really appreciate it!

Aidan.

Digital Look
Direct: +44 (0) 207 743 0082
Tel: +44 (0) 207 743 0050
Fax: +44 (0) 207 504 3627

Please note that we have moved.  Our new address is - 4th Floor, Bankside House, 107 Leadenhall Street, London, EC3A 4AF.  Tel 020 7743 0050.

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the addressee and may also be privileged or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the addressee, or have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately, delete it from your system and do not copy, disclose or otherwise act upon any part of this e-mail or its attachments..

Internet communications are not guaranteed to be secure or virus-free. Digital Look does not accept responsibility for any loss arising from unauthorised access to, or interference with, any Internet communications by any third party, or from the transmission of any viruses. Replies to this e-mail may be monitored by Digital Look for operational or business reasons.

Any opinion or other information in this e-mail or its attachments that does not relate to the business of Digital Look is personal to the sender and is not given or endorsed by Digital Look.

Digital Look Ltd. Registered in England and Wales (registered no. 3678570).

Registered Office: Bankside House, 66 Prescot Street, London, E1 8HG, United Kingdom.